How Innovative Educators Observe, Reflect, and Share

The Innovator's Mindset with George Couros

From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis

Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter

8-Characteristics-of-the-Innovators-Mindset (1)

Many teachers say they don’t have time to connect. I live and breathe that feeling. However, when I’m down, sometimes an idea on Twitter or a suggestion on Facebook turns my day around. I get tons of ideas from the many education superstars I write about and interview on my show and blog. If I could give you one thing that will make you completely irreplaceable as a teacher, it would be your network.

Your network is your inspiration. Your network is also your safety net if the unthinkable happens. They’ll help you get better results in the classroom. Your network will also encourage you when you’re struggling. If it is hard to network, you’re probably not learning the easy ways to network.

Today, George Couros talks about the fifth aspect of the Innovator’s Mindset: Networking.

It doesn’t have to be hard. Any teacher can make time to network. Listen as we discuss the struggles and excitement of becoming a networked educator.

George Couros is joining us for a series of shows on Every Classroom Matters where we talk about the eight characteristics of the Innovator’s Mindset (George’s new book.) This is part 5 of the series. See the full series here

You can connect and learn. Check out my tips for connecting your classroom with Social Media in Schools and tips for following and getting followed on Twitter. Right now I have six classes and (if I’m lucky) three planning periods a week. But I always check Twitter and Facebook at least once a day just for ideas and inspiration. I’m too stressed and busy NOT to check them. Network! You’ll be glad you did.

Listen on: BAM Radio Network | iTunes | Stitcher 

The post How Innovative Educators Observe, Reflect, and Share appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!



From http://ift.tt/1MXiuN8
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.

Popular Posts